Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being Sick has Hidden Blessings...

FYI to the reader:  Peter's Birthday is October 15.  If you would like to send him something, call me (Kathy) for the information to do so.  It will take 4-6 weeks for him to get a package.


Hey family,                                                                                                                         Aug 31, 2011
(Freak!)  It's strange to think that I probably know by sight the guy that died at the Shell Gas station.       --I wrote Peter and told him that a gas attendee was shot at the Shell gas station across from the old gas station that Peter worked at before his mission.  And that the man with the gun was trying to shoot his girlfriend and missed--        It makes total sense, though, to hear that he was shot by mistake because everyone usually loves the gas pumper.  I never had any fear of working there because of this. 
My Portuguese is coming.  I wouldn't call myself “fluent”, but I’m definitely comfortable to make it through life at this point.  I can now bare testimony with heart and with as much examples as I'd like to use and teach without any problems. 
Being Senior is really difficult, but I like it a lot.  Before I felt like I was constrained to do things that I thought were right because I wasn’t calling the shots.  But now I can do things in my own way, and the way the Lord would have me go through inspiration.  This last week because of the simple principle of organization and planning we had a lot of success.  I learned that being diligent today will prepare a day of success two weeks later.  This is really how the Lord's work, works.  This past week we had a meeting with our new mission president, President Pizzirani.  He's really cool.  He was an area 70, bishop, stake president, and mission president of Brasilia.  So he's got a lot of experience.  He's one of those presidents that has a lot of teaching skills, but also has a lot of christlike attributes.  Anyway, he taught about planning and goal setting.  Goal setting is really the only way to have success in this work, in school, work, and life.  He used a lot of experiences as to how he became a very successful businessman because of goals (he owns 5 planes).  Anyway, pretty cool huh?
This past week I've been pretty dang sick, some sort of flu.  I've got a lot of mucus in the throat and so I've been coughing a ton and it's been hurting a bit.  The problem is that I can't keep my mouth shut as a missionary so it's being really, really slow to heal, and there have been many nights when we return home and I physically can't speak.  The past week I sleep about 5-6 hours per night because of it.  But on the other hand I think that this week has been one of the better weeks I've had.  Not because of numbers but because of the many people that we met that are ready to hear the gospel.  I like to think that the Lord gave me this sickness so that I can show Him my determination to work. And because of this I noticed that my testimony has grown a lot, and when I bare testimony, I can feel the power behind my shaky voice.
It's strange to see Ashlee married.  I never really thought that we had the potential to be married now...strange.  It'll be cool if everyone moves back to Oregon before I return.  Then, when I get back, everyone can come visit my return!  It's cool that Annie’s pregnant again.  If the baby's a boy at the time I return he'll look just like James did when I first left for the mission and I'll be really confused!
Anyway, thank you for the 'ever-prayers'; keep them up!  Good luck with the renovation!
Love you!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment