Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Being "Senior" Is Hard...But Worth It!

Hey family,                                                                                                         Sept  14, 2011
It's cool to see that Keenan is coming into the field soon.  Pretty soon I can write letters to him in this language (which he won't be able to understand for 7 more months!).  Anyways, “Costa E. Silva” is going good.  I'm learning a lot here, being senior is tough.  I've never been so stressed in my life until now, but I can also see the blessings of the Lord more easily.  Sometimes I wait for my companion to do something or to call a shot, then I realize that it's really actually my responsibility... strange.  I’m still not use to it, but it's cool.  Luckily Elder Madeira's humble enough to patiently wait while I think and figure out plans. 
Yesterday we were walking on the street and we found this 70 year old man chopping down this stump of a tree. He had about 11 blisters on his hands so we offered to help him out.  The guy started at 9 in the morning and was going at it when we found him at 4 in the afternoon.  It was a lot of work and we didn’t finish.  I got like 7 new blisters on my left hand now;  It's awesome!  It reminded me of the church farm where I worked digging holes for 8 hours straight!  Anyway, we got some good compassionate service in.
I completely forgot that it was 9/11 Sunday.  It's stupid almost every Brazilian here thinks that our government paid the terrorists to knock down the towers!  They hear propaganda and believe it to be true.  Anyway, I forgot to mention that last week (7/9) was basically the 4th of July for Brazil here.  So it was really hard to find a place that was open to use the internet.  A lot of Elders here didn’t use the internet that day because they couldn’t find a place open. 
I like the new razor and food!  The backpack is good too.  I finished one box of cereal already and am halfway through another.  I think I’m gaining a lot of weight again.  And the vitamins are giving me lots of gas.  So I’m nice and healthy now.  The rash is still here, though.   I’m using a little bit of cream and I'll try using more.  Lots of times I forget to use it.
The house is looking good!  I can't wait to use the new TV downstairs.  The carpet's looking comfy also.
Anyways, thanks for the prayers, I love you!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment