Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hey...Keep Up the Prayers!

Hey family,                                                                                                         Sept 21, 2011
Thanks for the email!  Tell Keenan that the Provo MTC is better than the MTC in São Paulo; I was going crazy the 4 weeks I was there.  The same thing will probably happen to him that happened to me, which is better. 
I had to laugh when I read that everyone in our family and extended family has a demanding/leadership calling; they could probably blame me for that; I've been praying that you guys could have opportunities to share the gospel.  Make sure to tell them to get in contact with the missionaries.  Especially Chris (in Texas), he could be of great help in having his “branch-like” ward grow.  I’m learning a lot about the importance of missionary work in the ward by the way... everyone in the ward needs to be unified with their organizations and with the missionaries in their wards. 
Anyways, thanks for the prayers! President and Sister Tanner are good and are returning this Tuesday to continue the work.  Only 4 weeks of surgery and recuperation on his leg.   It shows the power of fasting and prayers.  Cool huh?
I was freaking out when I read about the sharks in Mosquito Bay!  I felt tingles throughout my whole body...  Knowing that I was swimming with “giant, man-eating” sharks... Freak!  Don't go swimming there when you guys visit again on your boat trip in November!  And I’m freaking jealous that you guys are going, by the way!
Congrats on the new washer and dryer!  We don't have a dryer here.
We started a new program here in my area of inviting people here to be baptized on the streets.  You'd be surprised how many people accept the invite.  We found some of God's prepared people.  And the people that don’t accept will have a seed planted, i.e., they will start to wonder if their baptisms are valid.  Also, we have a ward mission leader of “gold”.  He was a stake president in Brasilia and has a ton of ideas to help us out.  I'll have to bring back home some of the activities, projects, and programs he's come up with.
Anyways, keep up the prayers, I need them, the people here need them, and the ward here needs it.  I'm realizing how new on the mission I really am and how much more I need to learn.  Sooo the more prayers the better.
Love you!
Elder Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment