Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two Letters to Read!

Hey Mom and Family!                                             3-14-12 

So this week was alright.  We didn't baptize anyone which is always disheartening.  Especially when we were trying so hard to find someone.  We've had some pretty good experiences where we just talk with someone and he gets baptized without doubting.  Some weeks back, we were sitting on the curb resting, when a guy walked by on the other side of the street and I felt something good about him.  We used a technique that we learned in this transfer, where we just whistle and call him over (using the idea of Christ sitting on the beach and calling peter).  Anyways, he heard the call and walked to us, while we were still sitting.  When he got to us we stood up and introduced ourselves.  We invited him to be baptized the next week and he accepted (this was a Saturday).  So the next day we went and picked him up at his house to go to church.  Then we went to the area of Minas Gerais for 5 days.  If 5 days goes by without someone following up on someone, it almost always goes bad, Satan tempts them really thoroughly and it's impossible to baptize him.  But we went there and he was excited for baptism, we taught him and that Sunday he was baptized.  It was cool to see the Lord help us out so much.  Anyway, we we're hoping for something close to that for this last week.  It's tough when it doesn’t work out.  Being Zone Leader is fun, but hard.  We're in our area about 3-4 days out of the week, so it's hard to develop relationships with people in this area.  So these past couple of days I’ve been thinking about the future and I’ve written some ideas for the book I’m gonna write after the mission.  I really want to put in some Brazilian culture and whatnot.  They’ve got a ton of awesome fruits here.  I’m gonna send some fruit packets to you guys, but do you guys want anything in particular from brazil?  I’m at a blank for what else I can send.  My health is fine, since I got sick about 6 months ago I’ve always had a big thing in my throat that I can’t cough out, but it's not a big deal.  The companion's fine, he likes to talk, I’ve realized how quite I am this transfer, it's ok though, it helps a lot with the work.  Anyways, I love you all!

 Elder Williams


Hey Dad!                                                                3-14-12

Thanks for the email!  It was good to hear from you.  I'll do what I can to write a little bit more like Mormon, but you gotta force yourself write to me a little bit more often too k?  Let's see, let’s start with last PDay.  We played soccer again, and we were exhausted for the next week.  We played in the burning sun and I got a hardcore burn on my neck, which made it hurt every time my shirt was on.  They have an awesome fruit here called açaí.  It's freaking addicting.  I ate a liter of it the other day, they serve it like ice cream, but it's just it's frozen juice that you can put in other fruits, chocolates, milks and other stuff.  Anyways, the area I’m in is basically flat with a slight incline which makes  it alright to walk.  It's a lot better that my last area in that aspect.  But the members here are lame.  Our ward mission leader keeps calling us to complain about how we're never there.  We keep telling him that if he wants, we'll tell the president and they can have sisters working full time.  However, he gets mad and says no (he knows that sisters are terrible), he doesn’t know what he wants I guess.  Anyways, he's pretty mad at us, cuz he thinks we don't work.  We do, but we're just never in our area.  One thing I’m learning is that as zone leader, you need to be way more efficient in your area when you’re there.  So what your average elder does in a week, we do in 3-4 days.  The Lord blesses us with help, and follows up on the investigators when we can’t.  And then there’s your average sister, which 4 days out the week, they have a "doctor’s appointment".  They're learning quickly here: within one week of a sister arriving,  she’s already called for her first doctor’s appointment.  Of course you have better ones and worse ones, but this is usual for them here.  We have two sisters here in our zone, so they're always calling about how they can’t leave because they're sick.  My companion gave them a health blessing because they had 'pain in their body', saying that they won’t have a problem if they just left their house to work.  The next day she called saying they were sick again.  But it's cool, it's their choice that they're here.  My companion's cool, he's that Argentinean guy.  He's got a terrible accent, so everyone thinks he's got a lot less time here on the mission.  So anyways, I still gotta write mom and Cassandra, but I hope that was a good start.  Today we got some districts together and we're gonna have a huge BBQ.  Love you dad.

Elder Williams

PS, I can’t send pictures yet.  I haven’t found a good enough connection.


























No comments:

Post a Comment