Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oh Rats! Peter's new area is scary...


Hey Mom and Family!                                                   6-13-12
     Thanks for the email.  Yeah, My companion was exactly like I was when I got here!That's basically how it was when you get here into the field; You really couldn’t speak a single thing.  I was a tough first transfer to teach, but now I’m watching it all on the other side of the spectrum, he's having some of the same problems as I had to teach, but he's a good worker and he does a ton of contacts, even if he can’t really understand what's going on. 
     I think that the Brazilian craze is coming to Oregon because of the Olympics and the world cup that coming, and cuz Brazil is just awesome. 
     Yeah so this week was fun but tough.  Sunday all of Brazil watched the dedication of the Manaus temple.  It was amazing.  It was kind of cool to see president Uchtdorf outside of general conference as well.  The moment that he started to dedicate the temple you could feel the spirit enter and you could feel just like you were inside of the actual temple.    
     So last Sunday was fun, we were getting ready to go the temple dedication when a huuuge rat comes in at like 8 in the morning and goes and hides under the fridge.  I hate rats btw.  Anyway, I started banging on the fridge to try and scare it out while my companion built a barrier so that the rat wouldn’t have anywhere else to go but outside the door.  After a while we scared it out and it went straight out.  It left some pooplets behind and I think it peed under our fridge, it’s gross; we still haven’t had time to clean underneath it. 
     Anyways, that day all of our appointments fell through.  After the day was over we went back home and we got involved into some drama that was happening with our neighbors who are members.  We decided to entertain their 11-yr old daughter while they were fighting it our (it looked like the dad got drunk).  Anyways, later on some other members came and helped us out so that we could go inside and plan.  But they told us that we shouldn’t get involved ever because the family is a drug family and they could do some crazy things.  One of which is that they probably sent their daughter over so that she could steal them something that they could sell for drugs.  It's a pretty nasty business here.  Anyway, we decided to make a goal of 8 baptisms here for this transfer (which ends on the 17th of July).  I was hoping for you guys to help us out through prayer so that we can achieve this goal.  The problem is that we still have a pretty small teaching group, so we need to find a ton more people.  Anyways, all is going well here.  I hope you guys are good!  I love you guys a ton!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment