Monday, February 4, 2013

Peter's Last Letter Before Returning to Oregon?


Hey Mom and Fam,                          2-4-13

Thanks for the email! It was cool to hear about your missionary experiences mom. I totally know how you were feeling, in the self worth and desire to do more of it. I think  that's one thing that I'm going to miss the most. We'll do some practices when I get home to help get you guys prepared for your mission next year. I can see you guys' prayers working here. I bore my testimony in my last fast/testimony meeting yesterday. It was really cool and emotional. I talked about something other than what I was thinking of talking about.  It was about the importance of missionary work and a member's value in the work.

Anyways I can feel like I’m wrapping up the mission just fine. I've seen a lot of people from my old areas and I’m ready to just 'die'. I need to finish up a lot of “stuff” in my own area now. I need to say goodbye to some baptisms and the members. They're all great people here.

Anyways, I'm excited to see my new phone. I've heard a lot about it these past couple of months since it came out.

Yesterday I was talking with some guy on the bus, he was a drunk guy, but was too well dressed to be a hobo, so anyway he started talking with us.  He wasn't too far gone so we were still able to talk to him a little bit. He seemed to be a guy that had fallen a lot. He didn't want to say too much about his life, but I used some kid-psychology on him (which works like a charm on drunk people) and he started spilling the beans. He had read the bible several times and was an ex-missionary from another church and knew a lot about the plan of salvation. It was kind of freaky, he was talking a lot about the 1/3 that had been thrust out of heaven and how he now feels like one of them.  And that he didn’t  have any more chances to repent. It was kind of a creepy conversation, we couldn't finish the conversation because we had to get off the bus, but it was very interesting. It made me think about the 1/3 and if they can come and have conversations with missionaries, the only thing that helped me believe that he was an actually physical body was the smell of the beer that he was drinking. Anyway, I know that this email is short but I'll talk to you guys a week from now face to face. Love you all, see you soon!

Elder Williams
 

Hey Dad,   2-4-13

No problem on the challenge (bearing testimony to 50 people this week), hey I didn't know that Br. Woods was now the Medford Stake Patriarch.  When did he get called? So I’m going to stay in my area until Sunday then I’m going to the office and am going to sleep there (probably).  Then Monday at like 6 AM  I’m going to take a van with the other Americans and get dropped off at São Paulo. As for my plans, I’ll need to say goodbye to a lot of people in my area. And I’m going to have a couple of meetings as well. Friday I’m going to the temple with everyone that are leaving as well. So I’m pretty booked. But yeah, I’m stoked to see you, dad, in just one more week. Thank you for everything. Your example of serving a mission really helped me during my hard times. Whenever it got tough I’d just think of you on your mission and imagine that you probably had it a lot worse. At least here we had cell phones to follow up our investigators if needed!    Love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment