Monday, January 28, 2013

YAY! They are Finally Baptized!


 Hey Mom and Fam,       1-28-13
  This week was way good! So Mino and Patrick got baptized no problem. Patrick had marked his baptism himself so there wasn't going to be a single problem at all, and the only problem with Mino was that there was still the language barrier; however he told me afterwards that he was excited to start his new life and to be clean, so he understood what he did very well. It was a cool experience. It was actually kind of funny; we had marked for 12:15PM, right after church. And so when we got done with the meetings we asked him if was ready, and he was completely confused as to what was going on. Apparently he had thought that he was going to baptize at 2:15, so it took him by surprise, it was pretty funny. Anyways, he got baptized when we had marked. But guess what?! They brought one of their friends that had just moved into Brazil, and he's totally from Honduras. It's cool; it feels like I’m just going through a “family” mission too. He only speaks Spanish and English, but I can understand everything he speaks in Spanish, so I just listen in Spanish and speak Portuguese, we both can understand each other. It's super cool!  It'd be cool to put Marc up in Skype and have them both speak Spanish. I was telling him about how Marc had served in Honduras and whatnot, and he was pretty excited!
   Anyways, last week was fun. I went with Elder Reidhead to Costa E. Silva where I served a year and 3 months ago. We visited Lourdes and her daughter Karine. Apparently her other son Bruno also got baptized. She's also planning on serving a mission after the kid's move out in like 5 years or so. It's super cool to see how much they've grown. Lourdes is doing a temple class and will get her endowments when she finishes. Karine also said that she was wondering why everybody was congratulating her and everything after her baptism, but that now she understands why and says that it's like the best thing she's ever done. It was a good feeling. I was feeling sad to have to leave the mission after that.
  Anyways, IDK why Pres. Morris hasn’t gotten my return information yet. I'm pretty sure it's our office's fault. They aren't doing their job at all. They've been having so much stuff that they just simply aren’t keeping up. There's a couple of Elders here that just don't have money because of them. And they can't take buses and stuff. So IDK, they're just slacking on their job. But yeah i'm going home on the 12th no problem. I'll call when I get into New York or California, depending on how much time I have in New York.
   As far as dinner goes on that Thursday I’m sort of feeling like a kid in a candy shop, I have no idea because I want everything. So maybe it's best if you choose for now. Anyways, I love you and I can't wait to see you in two weeks! 
Elder Williams
Hey Dad,       1-28-13

Thanks for the email, one of the last. It's cool to hear that you want to read PMG; I’ll read it with you no problem. I'm pretty excited to get back and start all of my projects I was thinking of. I just thought up a cool business idea that I’ll run by you when I get home. I'm pretty tired just by traveling a lot, and little sleep. But my body's getting used to it, and I’m feeling a lot better now. It was also pretty tiring because there’s some stupid drama things that I had to resolve in the zone, to try and cut gossip and a lack of diligence in the zone. I was actually just thinking about what I'm going to say on my second to last week. It's going to be fast and testimony meeting so, it’s not going to be too long, but I was thinking about talking a little bit about unity and how important it is. We'll see. Nobody's asked me to give any talk in church this whole time here in Jacaré (which is good, apparently the members are willing to give talks). Anyways, I’m planning on starting swimming at Superior on my second day there, if you want to come. Anyways, love you dad. Can't wait to see you in two weeks.

Elder Williams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment