Monday, June 27, 2011

Another Great Day in the Field!

Hey family,                                                                                                                  July 25 2011
Thanks for writing on my pakage 'Alimentos Missionária'... the thing is, you called me a female missionary (missionáriO not missionáriA).  I have a feeling that Jon told you to write that.  But my companion Elder Almeida say's "muito obigado" for sending him the sport shorts.  It's awesome that Malia and Amalie are doing soccer.  Tell them that it's one of the top three best sports to play and that i'll teach them all my Brasilian tricks when i get home.  
Something funny happened the other day.  I was walking down the street and this random guy came up to me wearing an American Marines hat and started speaking to me in english "all Americans must die, all Americans must die".  Then continued saying how he is going to kill every American someday.  Then muttered stuff in Arabaic.  It was a good one.  I’ve seen him before so next time I see him and he starts muttering to me I'll tell him I'm from Germany.  It's strange, people here can't recognize where I’m from and guess that I'm either from the States or Germany, and one lady thought I was from Argentina.  On another note, we hitch-hiked the other day and this guy picked us up just so he could talk to me about how corrupt the American government is, which is in part true, but the stuff he was saying was funny.  He was saying how Bush made up Bin Laden, that he's not even a real person or a terrorist.  How Bush allowed other terrorists to blow up the twin towers so that he could receive money.  It was a good conversation.  Speaking of hitch-hiking though, our second to last hitch hike was great.  He ended being a man that lived in our area so we contacted him the other day and he's totally into being baptized.  He told us that he told his wife this, who is evangelist, and she then asked if he was going to become a Mormon.  And his response was, 'well if God wants me to do it, then I will'.  So yeah he's way good.  It's crazy how the Lord puts people like this in our path and how He prepared the heart of Raphael to accept giving us a hitch-hike.
Monday was awesome!  My companion had a meeting as a district leader so we had a division and I was with this other new guy who started his mission 4 weeks ago.  Being new and not really knowing the ropes yet he forgot to grab the key into his house.  So we were locked out and needed to go in to study and prepare for our day.  So I scaled the house of the second floor about 20 feet high and entered the deck that they have to break in.  I felt like Matt Damon, it was awesome.  It reminded me of England when I broke into a room on the third floor of a hotel.  It's crazy how much I seem to eat here.  I'm eating more than I ever have in my life, including Italy.  I eat about 4 plates of food for lunch and have the equivalent of about a pizza and whatever else I can find during the day.  Yesterday I had another division with the zone leaders and it was great until about 9 at night. One of the kids here borrowed our keys to get inside the church to open it up for soccer that night.  They got too into the game of soccer that the forgot where they placed the keys, so we spent the next hour looking in vain for our keys, we think someone stole them, but we returned at 10 at night.  (Luckily it wasn’t in my area so the keys weren’t my responsibility!)
I developed a new nickname during the transfer as periquito (parakeet).  Because I told them my full name and Peter Keith Williams and the beginning of this part 'Peter Keith W' sounds like it.  I feel pretty cool. Anyways congrats on getting the address of Graham! I hope all goes well with him.  Anyways I've got to go.  Tell dad Happy Late Father's Day!! I wish I could've been there to smash cake in his face.  Also that he's the best dad ever!  Aright I’m out of time
Love you guys!!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment