Wednesday, June 1, 2011

He Walked 40 miles?

Hey familia,
I guess to start off is to mention that the feet in the picture were my companions, he broke them playing soccer.  And if you think they look bad just wait until you smell them.  It smells like something curled up and died in sewage every time he takes his shoes off.  It gets pretty bad too when we're sitting next to each other teaching because the smell manages to creep itself out of the shoes.  But anyways, we had transfers this week.  I’m still with my trainer Almeida, the only one that arrived in my group that's still stuck with their 'pai'(dad on the mission).  He keeps making fun of me saying that I’m going to be a trainer next transfer.  Which would make my step-father (on the mission) my son.  It would be cool and I actually think it could be possible.  Anyways, I’m still with him, so I guess there's something the Lord still wants us both to learn from each other or someone we need to teach.  It's going to be cool this transfer too because we get to go to the temple soon.  It's crazy how much I miss going to the temple after not being able to go for this long.  Make sure you guys go for me.
Last week was pretty tough in that one of our baptism candidates ran from us on his baptism interview.  This is the second person that's done this in my first transfer.  I think it's because my companion pushes them a little too hard that they get scared and run.  So anyways I talked with him and we agreed to only push the investigator if we feel like we should.  Its crazy how quick things move here.  The average time for baptism that my companion expects is two weeks.
I weighed myself the other day.  Apparently I lost 9 lbs in the six weeks of my first transfer.  I’m looking pretty sexy I think.  The crazy thing is that I’m eating 4 plates of food every lunch.  I don't know where it's all going.  Lately I’ve been having a slight pain around my hernia surgery.  I guess all this walking is making it want to pop back out again, but I think it'll hold up no problem.  Last week I must have walked 40+ miles.  It was killer!
It's been ridiculously cold here lately, this morning was 12°C or more or less 53°F and there was a ton of fog.  And every night is even colder.
I saw another dead person the other day.  That's 3 dead people since I’ve arrived here in Campinas.  You'd be surprised how many people here try and cross the street at night when cars don’t ever slow down for you in the first place!  Also, I hear that the city of São Paulo itself has at least one death per week due to motorcycles.
You should talk to Mason about the fruit packets that he was talking about.  I’m not sure what he was talking about because all I’ve seen are Tang fruit packets.  Anyways nothing else is too new.  I’m really close to getting Português down. Keep up the prayers though! 
Love, Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment