Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hey Whatsup Fam,                                                                                          June 29, 2011
Another week!  It's crazy how quick the mission passes, it feels like I just said goodbye to you guys.  Anyways, I think you guys learned your lesson about going out having fun without me.  It didn't sound like fun throwing up in Disneyland!  I know that if I were there I would have spiced things up a bit.  This past week has been a slight test of patience.  I think that the Lord is currently preparing other people than who we are contracting, so these past two weeks have been pretty slow and without too many lessons. 
You'd be surprised how much drama goes on in the mission.  Our zone leaders are being ridiculous about numbers and how we spend our P-Days.  Sometimes they forget that we're here to represent Christ for ALL people.  Never-the-less, it gives me another reminder that I also need to be developing the attributes of Christ through patience.
I found the name of that talk I was looking for the other day.  The name of the talk is "For What Purpose" by Alvin R. Dyers, If you could send me it that would be great.  The other day we contacted a guy that knew a lot about the church, except for the part about blacks (he was black).  He compared himself to the Lamanites and Nephites and said that if he was baptized his skin would be washed and he would be white…  Pretty interesting stuff.
Anyways, I'm sending a ton of pictures this time.  It's about two weeks worth of stuff.  The picture of my bed is especially good, not because it's made, but because I received my first mission blanket.  It's super comfortable.  When I received it there was a ton of rat poop all over it, so I had to wash it a ton, but it's all good now, with only a slight smell of rat.
I've started writing Kyle Wagner on his mission, it seems he's doing good, it's crazy that it's already been 19 months since I picked him up at the Salt Lake airport. 
I love you guys, keep up the prayers and if you have time every night add some scripture reading.  I read somewhere last week that family reading of the scriptures has blessings that have eternal consequences.  Good luck with the remodeling without me!
Elder Periquito Williams
P.S.  Next time that you send me a package, probably for my birthday, can you send me those white tennis shoes that I didn’t bring?  Thanks for the cereal, it's been a lifesaver.

A note from a member
telling me that my family is like her family and you can come and stay anytime!





The beautiful Brazillian countryside!



The rats loved my new Mission Blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment