Monday, December 5, 2011

Peter Wrote Two Letters!

Hey family,                                                                                                                                Nov 16, 2011
Thanks for the email!  I got transferred again.  Me and my new companion are opening a new area here.  We're still figuring out who everyone is.  We got lunch all figured out, and we should have one of the members give us some food tomorrow.  Yesterday in the area was eventful.  We're living in the house of our zone leaders.  They're cool, they were in my zone when I first got here and we played soccer a ton together.  My new area seems to be good.  It looks like the Lord has been preparing many people here.  We found many people that accepted baptisms and are very receptive.  I’m sad to have left my old area though.  The people we baptized there are super strong in the church and it was good to pass by there to say goodbye and whatnot.  Anyways, the mission rocks.  Yesterday in Lunch on of the zone leaders through a plate at me when I was half expecting it, and so we ended up breaking it in the house of the members, leaving a great first impression of the new elders here.  It's ok though, I’m American and he's from Argentina, so they just blamed on the fact that were strangers here.  Also me and my companion got lost yesterday, and we didn’t get back until 10:30.  We were walking around some ghetto and I think someone started following us, but we lost him and found our house.  We called our zone leaders but one's new and the other's got 1 month here so they didn’t help us out too much.
Anyways, 9 or 10 bucks for sunscreen is nothing.  It's 35 Reais so it'd be about 27 bucks here.  It sucks.
When you guys get your mission call, I’ll teach you guys some teaching techniques.  It's cool how truth in general works.  Using truth in relation to psychology and truth about the gospel are interrelated.  Like using techniques of working with the emotions of the investigators, so they are ready to feel the spirit when we talk about the first vision.  (It all starts the moment they see us.  It's legit!)
Anyways, I’m excited to see you guys this Christmas, I’ll let you guys know when I can Skype and whatnot.  I’m thinking of sending a package home also of stuff that’s taking up space in my bags here, so I’ll throw in a present also.  Anyways, thanks for your support and all that you guys are doing to continue the work of the Lord there in the states. 
Love you guys!


Hey family,                                                                                                                           Nov 24, 2011
This week was good, we managed to find a woman that will be baptized this week, and I’m pretty stoked!  The Lord has blessed this area and seems to have prepared many people.  The ward seems to be pretty sweet also.  Our area is huge and we don't live in it, so we have to walk 20 minutes just to get to work, I feel like I’m losing weight, but it's not really showing.  Yesterday we played soccer a good part of the day and I’m super tired.  Anyways there wasn’t enough time to write emails, so the president let us write today.  I learned these past two days that excitement/enthusiasm is an attribute of God.  Unfortunately it's not my strong point, but it's something that everyone needs to develop, it's because of un-enthusiasm that many relationships go downward and many people leave the church.  Anyways, the mission's sweet. 
Love you guys!
Elder Peter Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment