Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Keep Praying for Peter...

Hey mom and family!                                                                     2-21-12

This week was even more tiring than last week.  We went to another state called Minas Gerais and here we're doing a ton of divisions.  The Elders here are all great!  They seem to have great work ethic, the only problem is that some of them aren't too excited and are losing hope, because the area here is very difficult.  I hope it helped that we got here.  We found 6 people that accepted baptisms in each area and so now we'll check out the results.  We've been sleeping with a group these past three days, so I’m pretty excited to get back home and sleep in my own bed.  Being a ZL is tough but it's truly helping me develop my talents and it's helping me to love others.  These past days we've had something called "Carnaval".  It's made it crazy here though these past couple days; it's the biggest summer holiday.  Here it's pretty tame, just lots of music, beer, nearly naked dancing woman (and a good many of them are actually naked, but all painted up), and just two deaths.  But I hear it's terrible in other cities, so I guess I’m just counting my blessings.  In our ward here a guy moved back with his wife.  He was the 1st councilor in some temple in the south.  He's one of the humblest, spiritually strongest guys I’ve ever met.  Anyways, he gave a talk last Sunday and it was like I was watching general conference.  He talked about the importance of reverence, and being saints, and not just members.  He talked about one of his "secrets" that he learned in the temple.  He talked about speaking slowly but with power, like in prayers and talks, and at other sacred times.  He says that many people say prayers but don't feel prayers, and the spirit stays a long time after everyone says amen.  Anyways, I love you guys!  
Elder Williams

Hey Dad and family,                                                             2-21-12
Thanks for the Email!  It's true, the world is getting pretty bad, but I’m pretty sure that the really hard stuff won't hit until I get back from my mission.  That's why it is so essential that we all keep doing missionary work after the mission.  Every now and again I see a member that just appears out of nowhere to add a miracle into the missionary work (as it should be), but unfortunately there's just so few of them.  Anyways, it's like my patriarchal blessing says, that there's going to be a lot of hard times coming up, and that the hard times will come after my mission.  It talks very little about my mission actually, compared to some other patriarchal blessings that I’ve seen from other missionaries.  Anyways, the work here is tough, a lot of traveling and very little sleep, but I bet you remember how it is, dad.  Also, here on the mission, you have no idea how proud I am to say that my dad served a mission as well; it's something that helped me keep serving diligently in the beginning.    It's cool to hear the news.  Keep up the prayers; it's something essential, not just for me but for you guys as well. 
Love you dad!  Elder Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment