Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Two Pictures This Week!


Hey Mom and family,               4-25-12

Thanks for the email.  Did you get my birthday present??  I sent one to dad as well.  I hope you guys got back home alright.  It must be even lonelier now without me.  Yep you guys probably didn't think that you guys could miss me anymore than what you've already gone through.  Well I'll send a picture of me and a part of my zone.  It's cool, we're gonna be able to Skype for mother’s day.  It'll be legit. 
So this week was pretty good.  You know how I said that we're going to the English School to use the computers right?  So one of the teachers came up to us and asked us to come to one of her classes to help teach English.  So now we've got a sweet deal where we come, we do our English classes to people of all age and then we take their addresses, we give a quickened first lesson and leave.  We're becoming really popular.  Everyone in the street is starting to wave at us and like us.  It's reminding me of when Ammon served the king.  We don't have a king, but we have many higher class people that we can serve by helping their kids and even themselves learn English.  Plus they're figuring out that we're normal, and that we do normal things.  Also the mayor of the town is LDS so we're trying to set up a deal that will allow us to talk about the church by using the media.  We scheduled lunch with his dad tomorrow, so I’m excited to see how that goes.  You guys should pray for us here that that can go through.  If it does we'll set up radio and TV stations and do interviews of us and other influential members in the town and try and have our own religious show that can play every single week. 
This past week we found “Leandro”.  He's new here and he came to work (like everyone else, our town is just a sleepy town; everybody works outside of it).  Anyways, he wants to change and be baptized but he's having some problems with smoking.  You guys could help out with some prayers there as well.  It's cool how we found him.  We were walking on the street and we were kind of in a hurry going towards the church.  Two dudes walked by us and I started feeling uneasy that I shouldn’t talk to them, so I decided to talk with every other man on the way to church.  The next guy I talked to was Leandro and I invited him to be baptized.  He accepted and started saying how God has done so much for him that he might as well as do something for Him in return and be baptized.  So he went to church and liked it a lot. 
Last week we did another in-home BBQ.  We've decided to have a BBQ every p-day night.  It's really cheap here to have one.  It's just 5 bucks per person to fill up on meat.  (Brazilian BBQs don't really eat a whole lot more than just meat.)  Sometimes they have rice and beans and maybe a salad, but usually it's just meat from the grill.  Last Sunday we did a contact with some kids that had a new toy.  Apparently they liked us, so they just gave the toys to us.  They are cool!  I call them the “Clacky Balls”  although they are really called "bate-bate" or in other words "hit-hit".  (Real original name.)  Basically it's a little plastic thing that you hold in your thumb and your index finger.  It's got a string with two balls attached at each end.  And then... you hit them together.  The point is to just make a sweet up and down motion with the balls without stopping.  They get a lot of inertia and I’m not too good at it, so my wrist and fingers are killing me for how many times these balls have hit me. 
Yesterday we went to another area to teach one of our baptisms, Vinicios.  He lives in the middle of nowhere and we had a ride to take us there.  He was getting home late so we decided to play some soccer.  We realized how bad we really are, two dumb Americans kicking around a ball.  Anyways, I ended up trying to jump a wall to get the ball that we kicked way away and I ended up not clearing it and falling.  Luckily there was a random pile of sand on the other side to catch my fall.  My hands got all sore and have some scrapes.  I guess if that sand wasn’t there it could've been worse.  It shows me the random tender mercies from God.  I guess He's always looking out for me, even though I may be a little bit stupid.  Anyways, I hope all is well there in the Oregon.  I love you guys!

Elder Williams


                                                    Peter's Zone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment