Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Elder Peter: A Radio Host?


Hey Mom and Family!                                                                                          5-2-12
Thanks for the big letter.  These days have been going great.  Last Monday I think may have just changed my mission.  We had a leadership meeting and there they talked a lot about leadership qualities and motives and stuff like that.  I feel like I’m starting to get a good idea on how to lead my zone.  I learned that Preach My Gospel  has got everything.  If we use the principles of teaching that we use with our investigators in ANY kind of situation, it'll all work out.  It's legit.  Anyways, it gave me and Elder Smith a ton of excitement.  Last week we had lunch with the mayor as I talked about.  It worked out well (He's like a 28 yr-old guy).  He's into motor-cross and we had a lot of fun talking about Nitro-Circus.  Anyways, after lunch he took us to our local newspaper station and we talked with the director of the newspaper.  We talked with the guy and it looks like he's reading the Bible in 3 other languages.  Anyways, we're looking for stuff to put into the newspaper.  There's a section that's called "Jesus' Corner" where we’re going to put in an entry.  We’re thinking that we should put in the first presidencies proclamation to the world.  We'd put in something about the restoration, but we're not supposed to talk about the specifics of the church.  Anyway, towards the end we'll put our pictures and the name of the church with our number.  I'm sure that it'll start helping.  However the Mayor's trying to get re-elected so we can't put in something on the TV yet.  If he gets reelected we should be good to do whatever the heck we want. 
It's legit that you're finishing Helaman, mom!  I’m in chapter 7 right now.  I’m still going through it in Portuguese for the first time.  Spencer W. Kimball said that a good proper study of the Book of Mormon took him about 8 years, so I’m not feeling bad at all for reading so slowly.  I’m excited to read about Nephi, he's also one of my Book of Mormon heroes.  His testimony was so strong that angels visited him every single day to minister to him.  Did you know that he taught with soo much power that the people had no choice, but to believe in his words?  It's so cool to think, but kind of sad too, I guess, that some would be so prideful that they would just choose to ignore it.  It kind of reminds me of one of the Elders in my zone.  I have no idea what to do with him.  He got here in Brazil with me on the same plane so I kind of know him.  Apparently in his past 2 transfers he's realized that he doesn’t believe in God as much as he’d thought originally.  I guess that we have free agency with our testimony as well and any kind of academic truth (like in science or math, etc). 
Today we're going to baptize some kid from another area that we take care of.  I'll be sure to take some pics.  About that package, I still haven’t sent it.  But, I’m planning on sending it this week.  There's not a whole lot of stuff I can send in it without it being too heavy, but I’m sending some letters, this giant parka thing that you sent with me initially, and some random Brazilian foods and juices.  I’m super jealous of your Ipad 3!  I want one!  Anyways, I love you mom and I can’t wait to talk with you and the fam on the 13th.. It should be legit!
Elder Williams


Hey Dad!                                                             5-2-12
Thanks for the letter!  You should send me some pics of when I got all ”sewered” (Drove Motorcycle into a Panama sewer) .  This week was great.  I’m learning a ton: A lot about leadership and prayer.  Well you made me homesick when you talked about enchiladas and guacamole.  The avocados here are a little bit sweeter so it's tough to make it the same flavor.  Christmas there was a member that made it for us. 
So we're here at the English school again.  There's a teacher here that likes to swear in English and she just got done saying some wonderful words that I haven’t heard in a good year and a half.  We asked her to stop, but it seems that it's a bit of a habit for her as well.
 It seems like you're doing a ton of missionary work in Oregon, dad!  Keep it up man.  This last Sunday we had a change of bishops.  We got someone that served in the temple here for a good 5 years as a missionary and later as the first councilor.  He's one of those people that I bet has his calling and election made sure.   He's super spiritual.  Anyways he's inspired to go to the temple a lot more than normal when I get back home.  He said that as soon as possible I should ask the temple president for a position to do something there as like a veil worker.  I bet it must be cool to see that your old mission in Indonesia  is getting a stake now.  I think it'd be a gratifying experience.  You should go back one of these days.  But you should take me with you.  Anyways, I love you dad!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment