Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pictures, Baptisms, and Pinky Paint!


Hey Mom and family!                                                                          5-30-12
Thanks for the email.  Last week was super good.  Last Thursday we stopped by one of our investigators houses and he decided that he wanted to be baptized.  He was one of those eternal investigators.  Apparently he had an interview with our bishop.  The one that's the temple guy.  I don’t know what went on in there but he left there wanting to be baptized.  Unfortunately Satan is working double time to keep him from getting wet though.  He overslept Sunday and didn’t make it to church.  And now feels like he's being 'pushed' too quickly to get baptized.  You guys should pray for him, his name is Samuel.  Then afterwards we found Jonatan.  He's some 19 yr old kid we found knocking doors.  Anyways, he wants to get baptized and went to church already.  We're hoping to baptize him, Samuel, and this girl Elizangela this Sunday at stake conference in warm water.  Elizangela stopped smoking for 6 days but yesterday she smoked one...other than that :( everything is going good for her. 
This is the last week here in my area; I think I’m going to get transferred.  I’m excited to see where I'll go.  I've been here in Cosmóplis for 5 months already.  I've really started to develop a great love for this area.  It took a while to develop it but there are just a lot of good members here.  We have two spiritual giants with us here.  One of them is our bishop and the other is a guy named Pádua.  He left with us Friday to help us out.  He just always talked about how great missionary work is, bore his testimony with great power, and followed the spirit all the time during the lesson.  It was pretty effective.  The other day I drank a beverage called Cajuina.  It was pretty good, it's some non-alcoholic juice.  They take the cashew fruit and squeeze all the juice out.  Then they ferment it then boil it to get the alcohol out.  It's pretty good.  Monday I went to a sisters house for lunch and she made that feijoada food.  She taught me how to make it so I’ll make it when I get home,  but we need a pressure cooker.  Do we have any in the states?  The kind that you put a pressure top on with rubber and put it on the stove to cook?  Anyways I hope dad's liking his poison oak.  Right now I’m in 3 Nephi 12 so I'd say Nephi would be the hero for the week.  Anyways, I've sent a ton of new pics of a baptism, a weird type of animal called a capivara—the picture was too dark to include in the blog—some member from another area (Antonio) that used both of our nametags…I had Samuel paint our pinky nails... don't ask, and our last zones pics.  Anyway, I love you all!
Elder Williams





No comments:

Post a Comment