Monday, August 13, 2012

A Late Letter To Dad...


Hey dad!               8-8-12

Thanks for the email.  It's cool to hear what’s going on at home.  Don’t worry though; it doesn’t make me too trunky.  I feel like there's a light to the end of this mission.  I’m almost done.  It's making me nervous; I really want to be able to work my hardest these ending months so that later I can feel like God has accepted my mission and my service.  These past couple of weeks I feel like I have really been doing just that.  There are days when I just feel exhausted.  It's cool to see that during the day I don't feel the tiredness, but as soon as I get back home I can barely keep my eyes open. 
Last Monday we had a zone leader meeting with the new president.  I think it was a very successful meeting.  One of my old companions was there Elder Smith.  The president opened up the meeting to more of a discussion as to the problems on the mission.  We're having a huge problem with disobedience, and Elder Smith just called out a ton of people saying that nobody wants to be companions with him because of how obedient he is.  It made even a lot of zone leaders look embarrassed and ashamed.  It was legit.  I think that it made a lot of zone leaders become more obedient and helped them open up their vision to the mission and its importance.  This next Friday we're going to have a district/zone meeting and I’m thinking on showing a general conference talk about pride.  There are a lot of problems going on in the zone with people thinking that they're better than someone else, and gossips and stuff.  It was that in 2010 by president Uchtdorf. 
Anyways, things are going good here; I hope you don't die in Kill-a-man-jaro.  Love you dad!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment