Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Is Peter a Natural Optimist?


Hey Mom and Fam!                        8-1-12

So this week was great!  Unfortunately that guy Doriedson didn't get baptized this last week either.  But we haven’t lost our faith at all, if anything I can feel that it's growing every day.  This last week we've been having a ton of help more with our zone than with our area.  We've been noticing that the moral has been falling a little bit so we've been praying a lot to know what to say and what kind of doctrines we should have, and it's been really helping, and I can feel an excitement from everybody.  There's just one group that's problematic, but it's alright.

 I'm really trying my best to baptize.  Half of the transfer's almost over, but I still believe that the Lord will bless us with 10 baptisms for this transfer.  There's this missionary that’s in the worst area of the whole mission.  It's just unbelievably difficult there.  It used to be a part of my old zone, and so I've been there once already for a division.  It's way tough.  Anyways, he's there and he's just baptizing a ton.  It's unbelievable how much success he's having.  And i think that this is going to really help the mission a lot.  He's proving that hard areas don't exist.  That it's just the missionary and how he works.   

My companion Elder Duffy has been sick these past couple of weeks and Monday we needed to stay at home so that he could get better.  But now he's feeling better, and we're ready to work our hardest.  Pray for us both so that we can baptize and be an example for our zone. 

As far as schooling goes, I was kind of talking with dad about my plans.  I would like to go and do a semester for just the summer term, and then just be on the fall/winter program.  I want to go on the boat trip for sure!  Kinsley's looking legit!  I’m glad it all worked out well.  Tell Marc and Brit congrats.  Dad's done worse as far as biking goes right (100 miler this weekend)?  I think he might make it...  Anyway, I hope everything is going good over there.  I love you!

Elder Williams

P.S. The president lets us do our school stuff the last 6 months of our mission.  If I were to go to the spring term the boat trip would need to be before the 24th of April


Hey Dad!                8-3-12
Thanks for the email.  I think you're in Africa now, but it's cool. I think it's funny that that guy dropped his medal.  As far as schooling goes, I’m for sure going to want to go back to BYU Provo.  I’m not too sure about which semester though.  I'd prefer the fall/winter semester, and I think it'd probably be a good idea to go and do a quick semester in summer so that my GPA can go back up... sorry about the lack of pre-school effort with school.  I wasn't the smartest of people.  I’m definitely going to want to work, but I’m not sure if I’m going to want to work a little bit in Oregon until school, and then get a job in Utah, or not work in Oregon and just start working with schooling in Utah or what.  I guess it depends on if I go to summer semester or not.  What do you recommend?  These past weeks have been some of my most enjoyable and productive times on my mission.  I’m not baptizing anyone yet, but I have faith that God will bless us with success.  But I do feel that I have been growing spiritually and in responsibility.  I think the difference was the rise in responsibility that happened, because before when I was a zl, I was being trained to be a ZL, but now I’m doing the training, and I’m helping the whole zone with their excitement level, and unity.  It's something that I feel is really helping me grow and learn how to be a leader not just in the church but in any kind of job that I’m going to want.  Anyways, I hope that everything’s going good over there.  Love you man!

Elder Williams

PS. Kinsley looks cute, congrats to Marc and Brit!

No comments:

Post a Comment