Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pinky Peter...

Hey Mom,             8-8-2012
Thanks for the email!  This week was way good again.  We are working very hard and we're feeling super happy about our progress.  I think the most eventful thing that happened was our meeting we had last Monday with the president.  He is way good and I think he will turn the whole mission around.  Lately there has been a lot of disobedience and a huge amount of gossiping about other missionaries and things like that, and the President it completely stopping it all.  It's great.  It'll help the mission focus once again on the more important things. 
Last Thursday we also had an activity that was way cool.  Me and Elder Duffy had a pancake night.  Brazilians here don’t eat breakfast really, and their pancakes here are more like tortillas so we had to make it for them and it worked out.  We found a recipe to do it all from scratch and made the syrup from hand as well.  Everyone loved it.  We’re now planning a French Toast night for next week and we're publicizing it more so we're hoping that more investigators go. 
I think that Elder Ballads talk was legit.  You should totally find it and send it to me.  I'm pretty excited to see the results of dad's climb.  I guess we'll see if he makes it.  I bought new shoes the other day.  They're super nice and they were pretty cheap.  I needed them to.  My last shoes had a hole on the bottom where I walk, so there was a ton of dirt and stuff coming in.  These would be my fourth pair of shoes this mission.  But don't worry I didn’t buy those construction boots again.  They're just pretty ugly and I don't think I’m going to need to walk a whole lot on my mission. 
Hey so I was thinking of what you can say to people that want to know more about the church, and there’s something that might be of help in Preach my Gospel.  (By the way, my president said that PMG could even be counted as a standard work because of how much revelation was put into it).  Anyways in chapter 8 the last point about accountability could help.  It's helped me at least.  An activity that I've used to help teach accountability to my zone once was when I passed around a ton of little papers and had everyone write their reasons as to why they weren’t baptizing (or in this case, getting a job or doing schooling and stuff) on a piece of paper and they all passed it back to me, then slowly I would rip up their excuses and throw them in the trash.  Then I would help them understand that if they weren’t having success, it was their own fault and not anyone else’s fault.  It was pretty effective.
Anyway, I hope you have a fun trip in Africa and at Annie’s and stuff.  Love you!
Elder Williams

Peter and Companion did this to "Gain a Members Trust"...long story.

No comments:

Post a Comment