Monday, September 24, 2012

(Another Letter Sent to Dad...)


Hey Dad!                  9-24-12 

This past week was great. Super tiring but gratifying. We had a ton of divisions and a lot of spiritual moments. These past couple of weeks I have really noticed my limits and weaknesses. It's been some of the happier moments though. A lot of laughs and good times mixed in with the difficult times.  

I'm not too sure if it's the prospect of the end of the mission coming or it's because I’ve just always been like this, but I’ve noticed I have a hard time living in the moment. I'm focusing more on what will happen in the far future than in the near future or the present. I think I’ve always been like this and because of that it's been hard to truly take advantage of the “now”. Oh well, I'm getting over it. I'm getting to the point where I don't want the mission to end. I watched The Other Side of Heaven the other day ago, and when the guy finished his mission he was so sad to finish. These past couple of days I've been working soo hard so that I can have a really good ending to my mission, the only problem is that the harder I work the faster the day goes. It was probably the same thing with you towards the end of your mission as well. I guess there's always the couple mission later.

Anyway, lately I’ve been reading a lot in the New Testament, I want to finish the Bible in general before I get back home. So there's a lot of reading to do. I can see now why my patriarchal blessing talks about the necessity of reading the scriptures seriously every day. The gospel changes behavior better than any study of behavior itself. I know just what God is saying here in the blessing. I need to change myself so that I can develop Christ's attributes, daily.  

Anyways, the trip sounds legit, I’m totally down! I've never been to the Amazons. It's going to be really really, really hot though, so prepare yourself. Which reminds me: while it’s getting colder and colder there (Oregon), it’s getting hotter and hotter here! Last weekend it rained for the first time in 3 months, it was getting soooo hot these past couple of days. Anyway, I love you dad!

Elder Williams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment