Monday, October 1, 2012

Peter the Mom...


Hey Mom and family!                         10-1-12

   Thanks for the email and the two packages! The cereal's amazing! It sounds like you're getting rather adventurous (climbing 6-7 miles at Castle Crags!). It's a cool change!  In regards to your colonoscopy: It'd be kind of fun to clean out the bowels completely, except I’m not sure I would want to drink “crap” to clean out crap.

   Anyways, I’m already on my last week of the transfer. I'll be honest I’m kind of excited to have a possible change. This will be my 14th transfer and I’ll just have another 4 months left, I think it's crazy. It feels like I'm just now starting to learn about how to be a missionary and I’m already toward the end. I think it's cool that Mitch is back and going to the singles ward. Kind of like me before I left; tell him that I said he needs to get everything chill so that he can go on his mission. I hope Chris DeBeikes has everything go OK on his back surgery and that he starts to feel better.

   This past week has been tiring. My two companion's got sick Saturday and I needed to take care of them. I gave them their medicine, fed them, and I cleaned their dishes (for like an hour). It was fun to play mom for a couple hours. Anyways I guess it worked because they felt better the day afterwards.

   I'm stoked for general conference. I think it's just what I need; to get that refreshed feeling back again. Today I played basketball. I really like it, I’m just terrible at it. I'm going to need to practice a ton when I get back. It's ridiculous how hard it was to find a basketball. I'm feeling more comfortable with soccer even though I still play bad, but I can at least hold my own.

    I was talking about the trip that we're going to do to my comps and they got all jealous. I'm pretty excited to have a trip and just relax and whatnot. Then again I know how hardcore you guys are and how you guys like to hike until the very tip of death so maybe it'll be more of an opportunity to get myself into shape.

   Anyways, I still have to go get something to eat, so this email won’t be too long, but then again, nothing too big happened this week. We found a new family to teach, they seem pretty good so keep them in your prayers: Fernando, Nice, and Carlos. Nice (neesey) needs to stop smoking. Anyways, I love you!
Elder Williams
 

Hey Dad,                 10-1-12

Thanks for the email. This week was good. It went by pretty quickly, just one more week of finding people to be baptized. I must admit, the mission has changed in the past year and 8 months. Where it was once relatively easy to baptize it's now getting harder and harder. Not that the faith is falling, if anything it's getting stronger, but I feel like people's hearts are starting to close and they're getting more and more prideful. I believe that when that happens, that whole “waiting for the people to learn” gets a little bit more relative to the work here. Of course we will not lose the hope or the faith that God is preparing His children to be baptized two weeks from now (which is our missionary motto). But with investigators that want to get baptized down the road, we then just determine if they're doing everything else that they need to do, try to discover their problem, and resolve it, If they're continuing to do everything we ask them, then we'll hold on to them, because one day soon, they'll baptize. Usually what holds them back is for them to recognize that God has already answered them and their prayers.

   I'm pretty excited for General Conference!   We’re probably going to watch it in English. I know that last time here they had some technical difficulties, but it should be alright. It's going to be at church. You guys going watch it at home again? I can't believe that mom is doing so much outdoor stuff, you must be pretty proud of her. Today we played basketball; the first time in 10 months. I played terrible, but no Brazilian knew how to play, so in their eyes I was actually pretty good I bet. I like the Tanzanian shirts. You should make a couple lists of things you want from Brazil. I already have some things, but anything else just let me know. Love you dad! 
Elder Williams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment