Monday, November 26, 2012

Mom's Don't Want to Hear About Skateboarding and Hitchhiking!!


Hey Mom and Family,          11-26-12

Thanks for the email! This week was good! I ended up going to an area called Jacaré in Jundiaí with Elder Gustavo, elder Duffy's old companion after me. I'm stoked! Elder Gustavo is hilarious; it's going to be a fun transfer (unless they transfer him early some missionaries are going to go home before Christmas, so there's a big chance). Anyways I got here on the Tuesday, and I was pretty sick due to something I ate (I met up with Elder Duffy and we ate at outback). I was throwing up among other things. It looks like some elders left some skateboards here so we've been waking up early every day at 6:00 to skate at a park close by. We need to do our daily exercises every day anyways, so we might as well as skate. It's actually more of an exercise that I thought. I get back sweaty every day at least (not saying too much).

 Anyways, this area's amazing. We seriously don't walk at all. The most efficient way to work here is to stay outside the church and do contacts. The church is on a huge avenue where everyone walks. When someone stops we invite them into the church, if they enter we invite them to go to a meeting on Sunday and we mark an appointment to get taught inside the church. If they truly are God's elects then they will do all that we ask them to do. Last transfer they did this and they baptized a ton. It's nice because if they get taught in the church than they will never have those distractions like TV or kids or the phone or something.

If we ever need to walk far, we just hitchhike. When we hitchhike usually the first car we ask stops. They are always from our area and we get to teach them and invite them to church. It's the easiest but most efficient way I’ve worked on my whole mission. I really want to stay here for the last 3 months.

The ward is great! A couple years back an old mission president burnt all the wards on the mission saying that they should be like the ward that I’m now in. It's true though, they all care about us, and it’s cool. They give us references every time we see them, they invite us over to eat, they give us rides, and just help. It's great! Anyways, mom,  I hope you like Preach My Gospel. My favorite chapters are 6 and 4. Anyways, I hope things are all going good up in the States! I love you all! 

Elder Williams

 

Hey dad!            11-26-12

I liked the pics. This week was way good, it sounds like it was pretty good for you to in Tucson. Well I had my transfers and I love my new area, it turned out that I wasn’t transferred to Ouro Verde afterall, but instead I went to Jacaré with Elder Gustavo. It's pretty legit; he's one of the funniest companions that I’ve ever had. The ward's great and I like the zone a lot.

What's the trip looking like for after the mission? What are your guys' ideas? I completely forgot that it was turkey day this last week. They started a black Friday here for the first time last Friday and everything was super cheap. It was a hit and I think that Brazil is going to keep doing it from now on. Anyways, Christmas is coming up, I haven’t a clue what I'm going to do to celebrate, and our plan is to baptize someone on Christmas day.

Anways, I just realized that I’m heading home in 11 weeks; it's going by so quickly I can't believe that I'm already almost at the end of the mission. I'm now one of the oldest persons on the mission. Crazy huh? Anyways, Love you dad! 

Elder Williams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment