Monday, December 17, 2012

Thank Goodness for SKYPE!


Hey Mom and Fam,          12-14-12

Thanks for the email. It's cool to hear about your re-activation efforts in your ward mom, it's a big goal of mine to do that after the mission for the small time that I’m in Medford. I have some buddies that I want to work on. There are also some people I want to send out on a mission.  For some of the re-activation efforts that I've done here in Brazil, there's not a better feeling (other than a baptism)!

Since I've been here in Jacaré, there's this kid Patrick that has been growing a ton in the church, he's 14 and is already going to church by himself. His uncle has been the guy that's been integrating him, but now it seems as if Patrick has a bigger testimony than his uncle. Both the uncle and his mom are against his baptism for now. His mom won’t sign the permission slip until he turns 15 (which just so happens to be next month) I'll still be here on my mission when he gets baptized. However with the experience that I have on my mission, I know that when the date arrives, his mom will want to move it to a further date.

I'm really liking this area. Yesterday we had an awesome activity called "Returned Missionary Counsel". Only RM's were invited and they relived their missions and gave out their ideas for other activities. It got them all excited for missionary work and kindled that fire again. It was great, we established some goals to work on and they’re all going to do some good work this week. Your last email helped me see from their point of view and I used 3 Nephi 11, it was cool.

Anyways, I got the other box. Well sort of, It's in the office. We'll see tomorrow if I can get it. There’s going to be a leaving transfer for some elders like Elder Coelho that are going home. And then there are about 5 missionaries that are going to get sent home, two of which are in my zone, both for health issues. One of them is a sister that almost died here. She was in the hospital for two weeks for stomach/eye problems.

I’m totally down to go to Hawaii with you guys sometime!  I was planning on going there some time to visit Cassandra and Sam anyway.

I talked with the President re: BYU Interview and I sent him an email with all the info yesterday.  He's been pushing it off for a while, so I’ll call him again today and get on his case to do it today. Well I'll see you all next week (Skype); it'll be way good, unless you guys get eaten by a shark in Hawaii...until then...Love you! 

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment