Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Baptism!

May 25, 2011
Hey thanks for the email, I only have an hour to email today because we're all going to lunch at a members house for free.  I can't believe that it's already been 6 weeks here in the field; it's going by so quickly. 
This last Sunday I had a baptism again, it was of Vânia and it was awesome!  She was the woman that came up to us looking for the right religion.  It's crazy to see how much Satan works at these people after and before they commit to being baptized.  There was a time in the week where she didn't want to be baptized anymore because some things she heard about the church, but at the same time she knew that these things she heard were from the devil.  On the other hand it was crazy to see how much the Lord helped prepare her for accepting the gospel.  After this last one we had I noticed a huge change in how I look at baptisms.  Since I’ve got here I’ve been trying to work more for the fact that these people are my brothers and sisters and that I need to work because I want to help them in that aspect and not because I want a big number of baptisms when I return.  I've had the knowledge that it was good but it was hard to get the feeling to genuinely help those that need the gospel and after this baptism I could actually feel the desire I was looking for.  It was cool.
It's going to be cool to see the entire 'new house' when I return, what with all the changes and whatnot.  I'll problem get back just in time to re-weed the whole outside anyways.
It's interesting to hear that talk from Grant Russel.  I think that to become godlier that missionary work is the quickest and more efficient way to do it, if it's done correctly.  I see so many missionaries here that are doing just that, going through the motions, because it's so much easier.  But it's a definite necessity to let yourself go and to work on behalf of the Savior if you want to have success on the mission.  It is difficult to do this though, especially for one learning a language, but the key to it is to try to develop christlike attributes and to pray earnestly every night at least.  I’m learning a lot about these attributes here on the mission.  I'm beginning to find out that to develop these attributes you need to have a good relationship with God.  I'd recommend going through this chapter in Preach My Gospel, its cool.
Sorry mom to hear that you got released from seminary.  I know you really enjoyed it, and now that I look back on it, it got you excited to learn about the gospel and I noticed a change for the better.  Just remember that you can always keep preparing lessons and stuff if you want and you can teach me when I get home.
Anyways, I’m running out of time, I’m trying to add some pictures but the internet is being retarded again.  Sorry to hear about James and your dizziness, I’ll add those to my prayers.  K Love you guys!
Elder Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment