Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Best Week Ever!!!

E aí familia!                                                                                                                        July 20, 2011
This week has been one of the best weeks here on the mission.  My Portuguese is improving a ton and I I’m starting to get the whole talking on the phone thing down.  The week before the Mission President increased the standards of what we need to do and called it the Standard of Excellency.  Being the minimum that we should be doing we should try and exceed but it's been very difficult.  My companion is great, he's teaching me a lot about a mission and how it works.  I also learned that my old companion is what we call here a 'fubeca' or in other words a slacker.  Being new here I’m trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to run things and my old companion didn’t teach me the correct way, which resulted in a lack of efficiency and a lack of progression in all areas.  Anyways, my companion now, Elder Barbosa, knows exactly what to do and how to do it, and teaching me not what he's doing but where he learned it; which is from Preach My Gospel.  To all people preparing for a mission, Preach My Gospel is the most effective thing to do (apart from going to the temple often).  Anyways, I just got done playing soccer for 3 hours again.  My companion played on a professional team before coming here on the mission and is teaching me a bit about soccer as well.  So hopefully I'll be a little bit better at soccer when I return.
Anyways, tell Annie that "kankle's" are disgusting and that she should get better soon (sprains are no fun!).  Actually she wrote me an email so I’ll write her and tell her.  Good luck with the singles ward!  I have a lot of emails to write in this hour so I got to get workin, but I love you and keep up the good work with the renovation.
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment