Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Peter has a New Companion!

Hey,                                                                                                                                                     July 12, 2011
Thanks for the talk! (I sent him a talk by Alvin Dyers called, "To What Purpose")  I don't know if I'll have time to read it all today, I’ve got 9 emails or so to write still.  Transfers happened yesterday.  I’m not gonna lie I’m stoked that I have a new companion.  I had to be careful as to what to say to him if it concerned anything of importance like missionary work, soccer, politics, gospel, girls, or music, so as to avoid degrading correction and contention.  Now I have Elder Kelvin Barbosa.  He seems to be a good guy.  From what I could tell of working with him yesterday he seems to be a good worker and a good teacher.  Being the first transfer here in the field that I swap companions it's cool to compare how different missionaries teach and work.  For example, being new here in the mission still, I don't know all the teaching techniques or missionary rules.  When I got Elder Barbosa, I was shown that my old companion was a bit of a rule breaker.  I think that this transfer is a blessing for me to show me how to teach and to learn and put into practice the rules.  It's intriguing also to see how different zones in the mission teach with different examples.  Anyways, for sure my prayer to learn how to teach better is currently being answered.
The language is coming, I can look back now at certain points and see an improvement of understanding and speaking.  I can read and write almost fluently (not natively yet) so I just need to work on speaking now.
Thanks again for the cereal; I’m forgetting how much I loved cereal before.  Plus those boxes of cereal had toy cars which add to the fun.
Tell Jon, Jared, and Vinny that I sent out letters for them and that they should arrive in about a month or so.
Also don't forget to contact Josh Deuhring on my face book and tell him to write me about his mission call (he's going to Brasil, but I don’t know where yet) and that I want his address.
I bet James looks like a stud with his glasses.  I can't believe Bishop Jorgenson got released already, but I bet dads happy that he's still clerk.  He's just now starting to learn how to use a computer too!  What with his success of putting in the batteries.
I’m learning tons here on the mission, it’s crazy to see how the people I arrived with on the mission here are changing I bet I’m probably doing the same too.  Keep up the good work with the house!
Love you!
Elder Williams
P.S. Tell the siblings that I'll write them next week.  My companion's hungry and waiting for me to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment