Thursday, July 12, 2012

(Another letter to Dad from Peter this week...)


Hey dad,     7-12-12

So I promised I'd write you something big so here it is.  I heard you had a crazy Shasta climb.  And that you couldn't even talk or function.  I can honestly say that I have never been that tired, not even on the mission.  You’re crazy man.  So this past week was way good, we're hoping for a baptism this Sunday.  It's truly a blessing that just came out of nowhere.  We also had to fight for one of the areas that I take care of.  They also had a baptism that came out of nowhere but their ward didn’t support it, neither did the baptisms inactive girlfriend.  To be more exact they were actively against it, trying to do all that they could to keep this 15yr old kid from getting baptized.  It's interesting to see who and how Satan tries to prevent things from happening. 

Anyways, they ended up calling the President to go down and talk to the whole ward to tell them that they don't have authority or keys to say when they should and when they shouldn't baptize.  Anyways, the baptism happened, and no one from their ward watched it.  The bishop was there but he just stayed in his office and didn't even come out to watch or support the kid.  It’s pretty prideful in my opinion.  There's still quite a bit of apostasy going on around here that we're trying to do away with.

 I got the German books the other day.  It's legit!  I actually understand a lot easier than I thought I would.  It's pretty close to English, and I suppose our trip to Germany is helping me remember a little bit of the pronunciation.  But I suppose I’m trying to just take advantage of the gift of tongues that I have, while I have it.  Anyways, these past couple of days I’ve been thinking about how I may want to get into marketing.  I'd imagine that speaking English, German and Portuguese would help quite a bit.  I would like to get into some kind of business that works through other countries like Brazil.  And Brazil has a big German influence in the south so it'd be a good third language I think.  But this is all my past thinking for whenever I have time.  These past weeks have been a little bit easier due to us being sick, and having to move a lot slower.  It's strange how much energy gets drained from you while you're sick.  You go to bed weak and wake up weak.  But now I’m a lot better, nothing of mine got stolen either which was a great blessing.  Well I hope you had a great 4th of July, I sure did!  Love you dad!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment