Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Your Prayers are Working!!


Hey Mom and family,          7-12-12

     Thanks for the email!  This week was actually pretty good.  We got everything under control now.  Our neighbors have a guy reforming the house so we had him put in a new door; the mission paid for it all so it was fine.  We got the locks and the new keys with the spares as well.  Also we finally fixed our washing machine so we can now have clean clothes.  Our neighbor also kicked her druggie son out.  So now we don't have any drugged driven people to steal our stuff anymore.  Apparently they’d also stolen from a supermarket that had been known to have already killed 3 people that have stolen things in the past (they paid off the police in the past to not go to jail for killing these people).  Anyway, her son went missing with his wife the other day so she took their daughter and had the ownership papers moved to her so now she's taken complete custody over the girl, which was good for the girl.  Plus they recently bought a new dog, so we have something to play with when we get home. 

     Tonight we're having an activity in the church.  It was one of the first in a long time.  I think it'll be good to animate our ward here, because we recently bought land to start the construction of a new ward, but we just need more members to be going there.  We're going to have an American food night and make pancakes.  It should be good.  I got my package by the way.  I’m surprised how quickly I’m starting to understand German.  The gift of tongues I suppose.  The only problem I suppose is going to be the grammar and learning it by myself.  I don't need any money or anything; I have a feeling that I’m going to be transferred soon. 

     So this Sunday a miracle happened.  We have been having a pretty difficult transfer as far as  baptisms go, but last Sunday we stopped by this guys house that we had found, and when we got there, he’d already read the pamphlet we left with him and he felt “way good” about it, so we left the first lesson with him, he's seriously one of the spiritually smartest investigators that I’ve taught, anyway he was so excited about being baptized that when I was going to mark his baptism (I figured the 15th, which would mean just one visit at church before his baptism) he accepted without a problem and was super excited.  So I suppose that the Lord is blessing us for our hard work these 6 weeks.  Anyway, yesterday there's a guy in our ward called Moisés, which would be Moses in English, and he decided to give us a random 5 min training.  Anyway, he said something interesting about something in D&C 75, in verse 19.  He said that those blessings can also be priesthood blessings and that every time we enter into someone’s house and they receive us and accept baptism, we need to use our priesthood and specifically ask that the Lord can send two angels to come and stay at their side to protect them, and their house.  He said that if we do this, then Satan won’t have any way to tempt them against the church by having someone come to say bad things to them.  Satan uses anyone and anything to distract and break people down, so it's best to have a couple of angels to protect them.  I think that's what I was lacking with that last guy I was telling you about (Marcos).  Anyway, Moisés was a pioneer in the church in this area and served a mission just 4 months into the church.  He went and opened a part of a mission with 5 other missionaries and in just 3 weeks they baptized 1500 people or so.  Soo, he's kind of a big deal.  Anyways, all is going well here; just keep praying for Marcos and now Luiz Felipe.  I think Marcos has a chance now and Luiz Felipe is going strong.  Thanks for the prayers; I can feel the protection and everything.  I love you!            
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment