Sunday, July 1, 2012

Peter Needs Your Prayers...


Hey Mom and Family,         6-26-12
Thanks for finding time in your cold adventure to email!  This week was one of the hardest I've had.  It started out really good but then it just got harder and harder.  Wednesday when Pday had ended we went to Marcos' house to confirm his baptism, but he was in a ton of doubt and stuff about baptisms for the dead.  I think he may have read about it in the pamphlet, and I mentioned it just a little bit before hand.  Anyways, his testimony had been highly damaged by the time we had gotten there and he had forgotten his answer that he had received about the restoration and the book of Mormon.  He was in a lot of doubt over that point in the plan of salvation.  Towards the end of the message he was understanding, but his wife had completely closed her heart to us and what we were saying.  That was when things started getting really complicated.  He had his wife around to always be saying crap about the church to him, all of his friends are from his church, and his pastor is stopping by his house and his store every single day to check up on him.  Everyone was saying bad stuff about the church to him.  The good thing is that he still remembers his answer and knew it came from God, but there was just so much pressure against it.  Anyways we kept trying to keep the visits going, even having some elders show up to interview him, but in the end he fell through. 

Then on Thursday it was raining a ton and I left my umbrella at home on accident.  So it got my pretty sick.  I think I have a sinus infection and a really bad cough, so I’m taking some sinus infection medicine that dad gave me.  This is great, cuz I don’t have any money to buy stuff til Friday.  It's my fault though.  Last Saturday I bought a really cheap couch to put into the house.  The only problem though is that we live behind another house, and we don't have any way to fit it into our house (cuz everything here in Brazil is super tiny).  So we're going to need to do some brainstorming to see how we can get it in. 

However it looks like last week was just a trial of faith, cuz things are starting to come through and God is showing us where to go, and our teaching pool is starting to grow for the first time here.  Thanks for the prayers.  There are a ton of people in the street to talk to.  The members are starting to get pretty excited to do missionary work.  There are some members that are starting to help that have never offered to help with past missionaries.

 My companion's doing good, he could teach the whole first lesson by himself now if he wanted to.  He would just have to talk though.  He doesn’t understand Portuguese too well yet.  Anyways, I hope all is going well up and over there!  Love you!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment