Monday, October 22, 2012

Peter and his Zebra Comp...


Hey Mom (and family)!                                  10-22-12 

Thanks for one more letter. This week was way good. It was super busy what with our meetings that we had. The multi-zone went well, we ended up bringing a member to help us out and it worked out great. Our part was only 30 minutes, but the multi-zone went from 9-4:30 with lunch. It was a pretty dull meeting to tell you the truth. The president talked about the exact same thing that he talked to us about that Monday in the zone leader meeting.

I'm glad that you guys had a good trip to Hood River. I miss the cold weather. I'm sweating all the time again. Anyways, yesterday I ate at this sister's house (who is basically our mom of the area, she cares for us a ton). Anyways i don't know what I ate but I think I got food poison. Anyways, I’m feeling better already, but I spent my night throwing up and other stuff as well. Anyways, we're going to take it easy today, no soccer or ultimate Frisbee. That's the only bummer though, I’ve been wanting to play Frisbee ever since I got it in my birthday presents.

We've been working a lot with this lady called Alaíde which I mentioned last week. She's progressing well. She went to church and is starting to be a little bit more grateful. I think God's giving her many things to humble her. Her dad (who she hates) got sick and she had to take care of him for a week, so she didn't work at all and because of that she didn't have enough money to pay a bill, but we helped her out with and she talked with a friend that gave her the money(20 bucks). Then the next day we passed by there again and she didn't have any money or food. So we went to a member's house and asked her to help out Alaíde. We got some food for her, and I think that really sealed the deal for her to go to church. Anyways she went to church and she recognized quite a bit of friends that knew her. It's cool to see how God works for every one of his children.  He truly loves every one of us, in spite of our circumstances and attitudes.

I'm reading the New Testament with D&C; my testimony of Christ is growing a lot.  The New Testament is really great.

Anyways, I'm here with Elder Coelho in the same area as before, it was just a companion switch. It's funny last week on Tuesday, Coelho was cutting his own hair with a machine and it was going great until he forgot to put on a higher cutter, he uses a 2 and ended up using a 0. So he had just one line on his head of his hair buzzed. The funny thing is that we can't have shaved heads on our missions, so he had to just leave it. He had a nice stripe on his head for the multi zone. We covered it up a little bit though by putting on shoe polish. It worked out great, but he had a slightly darker shade of "hair" than the rest. It's a good thing he's almost going bald anyways. Anyways, I love you, keep up the prayers, and pray for Alaíde. 

Elder Williams
 

Hey Pops,     10-22-12

Thanks for the email, sorry I couldn't write last week, it was a very busy week and our Pday had to be improvised, but today's a little bit more chill.  Hey dad, you got to read those scriptures!  I always notice my mind open, my understanding and knowledge increase.  I always feel more intelligent after reading, even if I don't look it.  Yeah, so I guess I wasn't too clear, I’m in the same area as before, I'm just with a new companion.  I think I’ll stay here until I die, just 4 months.  Yeah I’m not going to lie, the end's always on my mind and I’m feeling that boredom that you were talking about.  It's weird, because I just feel always distracted, It's harder for me to pay attention to whose talking, my Portuguese is getting a little bit worse and I’m forgetting a lot more stuff than usual.  I'm guessing it's just the prospect of home on the subconscious, because i'm not thinking about it too much at all.  I guess it's the symptoms of someone leaving the mission.  You should recognize them, you've been through the same process.  It doesn’t help that my companion dies before I do, but we've been talking and we've made goals to baptize a lot before we leave.  Anyways, I was talking to mom about a trip to Natal, Brazil.  My companions got a house on the beach, (Natal's known for have the best beaches in brazil) and he said that we can use it, I’m sure you guys would love it.  Anyways, thanks for everything dad!  I love you! 

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment