Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Peter's Last Transfer?


Date: October 16, 2012, 8:50:41 AM PDT
Hey mom and Family,
This week was great! Yesterday we had a meeting so today we're having our Pday. It was a good birthday. I asked this sister in my ward to make me a red velvet cake and it was actually really good. They had never seen a cake like this before because they don’t have some of the ingredients, but it turned out just fine. So I have a new companion! His name is Elder Coelho. I really like him. He's nice n chill. I was totally expecting another companion, I guess the president changed the transfers the day before. Anyways, he's 25 and looks like he's 35, he's going bald and getting pretty chunky. He's from Natal, the place that's got the best beaches in Brazil. He was showing me some pics, they're some nice beaches. Anyways, he said that his dad's got an extra house on the beach. If you guys were down he said we could go whenever, maybe if the itinerary doesn’t work out, you guys could plan something for there. Anyways, Elder Coelho's ending his mission in 2 months, so he'll be my companion when he "dies".
I think I’m going to be here in Progresso for the rest of my mission. I really want to stay at least. I really like it here. It's kind of tough, but I like the members and the location. It's right next to the city so I don't have to take too many buses.
Anyways, I opened up all the rest of my presents yesterday. Thanks a lot! This Friday we're going to have a multi-zone and the leaders have asked that we give the training. Pray that it will all work out. Anyways, we started teaching this lady AlaĆ­de. She's a nice lady and she's been through a lot. We're trying to help her open her eyes to more than just the negative.
It's interesting to see how blind we become when our hearts are filled with ingratitude. It's very difficult to feel the spirit when we just focus on the negative all the time. Anyways, i found a book the helps study Doctrine and Covenants, I’m excited to finally study it. I've been holding off on it for the mission because I wanted to focus more on the 5 gospel points to help the investigators, but now that I’m towards the end I want to study it a little bit more and have it in my mind for when I get back home. Anyways, I got to go I'll write a lot next week, but I love you! 

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment