Friday, April 8, 2011

Peter's first letter from Brazil!

Hey family,
 Brasil is awesome!  My PDays are on Wednesdays now.  Its tough to type because  im using a portuguese keyboard  Life is good though, it feels like i've been in the CTM for a lot longer than I've been here though, I cant wait to be out in the field, I have two and a half more weeks til I leave!
 I went to my mission today in Campinas to go to the temple there because the São Paulo temple is closed for cleaning. It was super cool, I didn’t actually go through much of the city,  but from what I could see the city looked fairly well off.  A lot cleaner than São Paulo at least.  My teachers are cool, one learned english from video games and the other learned english from listening to Eminem.  I met a lot of my old friends from the Provo MTC.  My new companion’s  a lot like me so we get along in some areas, he's from Salem and was a swimmer !   He's got a glass eye so  that’s really cool.  On the trip to Brazil, my new  duffel bag broke. I taped it up to get here, but when i arrived i noticed that the pockets were completely torn off.  I lost my journal, my electric razor, and some shampoo.  Stinks! 
I've been hearing some intense messages about missionary work from Elder Holland these past couple of days.  There's a talk from him that you all should hear!  He talked about how important it is to have the missionary converted before he goes and preaches.  He said that the whole Preach My Gospel was created because they noticed that missionaries would serve, come home, then fall away from the church.   They figured that this was just  not right after 2 years of testifying about the church!  It was a really  interesting talk, you should check it out.
 Português is coming slowly and painfully, but it's coming!  Being here is a great help for it.  Oh yeah,  today in Campinas i met an elder that was from Oregon Klamath Falls.  I dont remember his name, but he's been out for a year and half or so.  He said that he got Português after 6 months.  It was funny because when he talked in English he had a Portugues accent…  So that's gonna be me in a year.! Anyways I got to go.  Love you all! Thanks for the prayers!
Com amor -Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment