Friday, April 8, 2011

Peter's second letter from Brazil!

  I guess it week two here in the CTM.  I’m not gonna lie, I cant wait to be out into the field.  Its seriously the same thing day in and day out.  But it's going by very quickly, so all is well.  Oh yeah,my companion and I were sent out last week to go do some proselyting in our broken Português.  We gave out 3 Book of Mormons, and talked with 3 other people.  It was a really cool experience because all we really know what to do is bear our testimonies.  So we did that, then handed them the Book of Mormon.  The thing with Brazilian culture is that they are very hospitable, so they will take anything that you give them.  But we felt that the last two people we handed BoM's to were really receptive.  With  the second person I bore my testimony and even though we were in the middle of downtown São Paulo I think the spirit really got to him and he accepted it. 
  I really loved the last General Conference! It went by too quickly.  I think they talked about the Savior's coming at least 10 times;  5 times in one talk.  It really got me thinking about how close we are to being to the end of the world!  I was reading D & C section 76 last night with my companion.  It was cool to read about the different kingdoms!  it may have been the missionary in me but I felt pretty bad for all the sons of perdition and all the people that will be damned for time and all eternity.  It adds to the pressure of wanting to get out and preach the gospel.  But anyways last conference got me thinking about how much the LDS community truly needs to push out with missionary work.  So let me just say that you guys (mom and dad) better be on a couple-mission when or around I get back.  It's just got to happen! 
  Anyways, I went to the São Paulo temple today.  It has my favorite celestial room in it!   It/s about as big as the one in Medford, but they just put a ton of really cool stuff in there. 
  Also, Alma talks about not being weary in well doing.  He is being taught by the Lord about having patience.  It talks about how he was spit on, beaten up, all these bad things, and how he wanted to turn back because of the wickedness of the people, but the Lord chastened him to be patient in all things and that the Lord would give him success.  After 14 years of missionary work, Alma talks about the joy he experienced from all his “patience in trials”.  Anyway, I’m running out of computer time here…My  companion and I are good;  Nice 'n close, so its good!  Its cool to hear that Cheyenne and Justice and their baby!  Gotta go, Love you all!!  (I still have trouble with this Portuguese keyboard,   I actually just deleted  this letter,  but luckily it saved  in drafts  so i got the letter back.
Love, -Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment