Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Peter Had a Baptism!

Hey family!
The first week rocked.  I’ve got tons of blisters.  I sent a picture of it.  This area is great.  My first Sunday here me and my companion had a baptism of two people.  I forgot my camera so I don’t have pictures of it, but my companion took a couple so I’m waiting on him to send me them.  Anyways it was of Madelena and Guto.  It was a really cool experience that really got me excited to work hard on the mission.  It built my testimony of the savior to know that through him, sins that we have can be made clean again.  The language is tough.  The first week was painful in that aspect, but it feels like I’ve passed over a bump and I can understand a great part of what everybody is saying.  I can tell a night and day difference between when I pray for the gift of tongues and when I don’t.  I’m sure your guys' prayers are helping a lot as well.  It’s a really different life and lifestyle from what imp used to, even in the mtc.  The hardest part is the lack of sleeping, because you guys know how much I love to sleep.  But it’s totally worth it.  I’ve only been here for a week and I can tell that it’s totally worth it. 
It’s cool to hear about Keenan.  Tell him congrats for me, and tell him that even though he may not be going to the best mission, he's going the second best because it’s in Brazil.  It sounds super fun to head back down here later on.  So if you guys want to, then I’m totally down.  Brazil is awesome, the people have a bigger sense of humor then us in the states, and they love to tease people.  My teacher in the MTC said that Brazilians think of Americans as Americans think of the Japanese. ( I.e. very stoic with a huge dip in humor.)  I can see it.  Anyways, the food’s awesome; beans rice and beef.  Me and my companion eat once a day; it took some getting used to.  But it makes me very grateful for the times when I get to eat.  Tuesdays are great because we get fed dinner as well.  The culture here is a lot more hospitable as well.  All the sisters in the ward make us lunch so we never have to go buy it (except for Pday and Tuesday),  and a lot more people here allow you into their homes and give you tons of drinks.  One thing that is different (but great) is that we can go into the poorest of homes for food, and they  put a huge cake or dessert in front of you and tell you to eat it all.  Its super cool.
Anyways I have had a great first week.  I’m sure it'll get better to. I love you guys and I love the lord as well.
- Love, Elder Williams 
P.S.  Mothers day info.
As far as mother’s day goes my mission president says that we can use skype because that way we don’t have to pay for international fees.  It’s going to be awesome, so bring everyone that wants to see my beautiful face.  Also make sure you guys have it installed on your computer and have a username set up. 

                                                           (Ouch!... Missionary Blisters!)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice barefoot.

    IF anyone interested on getting Baptized please do so by all means get baptized today.

    ReplyDelete