Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sometimes Elders get sick...

Hey family,
This week has been a little bit crazy for me as well.  One of our referrals that was progressing very quickly straight up disappeared.  So our zone leaders that came to interview him were pretty mad that they had to spend money to interview a guy that ran off on his baptismal interview.  We've been trying to visit him but it's impossible to get a hold of him.  Also we learned that Vânia is a great investigator (the one that ran into us and told us that she wanted to find a church).  The only problem is that I think that she doesn’t want to be baptized this weekend as she planned and so I may be transferred before I can see her baptism.
This Sunday I was super sick.  I woke up after 5 hours of sleep and had something nasty in my stomach.  Every hour or so after I had the runs.  I managed to make it to church which was great because we had many investigators that normally don't go, and it was there that I started throwing up.  After church we went to the house of Madalena (our recent convert) and she gave me some sort of medicine that helped my stomach.  Anyways, after that we went back home.  Everybody from my district was freaking out because they thought I had Dengue Fever because I was showing all the symptoms.  But when I woke up the next morning I was fine, with only a slight headache.  So yeah, it was the weirdest thing.
Tell Ashlee congratulations on her engagement.  That is super cool!  It’s kind of a weird thought that she could have kids by the time I get home!  It’s also cool that you guys are finding many missionary opportunities.  I wish I could have heard dad's talk in the 5th ward; I've always liked his talks.  (He usually uses big words which make him look smart!).  I remember that talk by Elder Oaks though, it was a good one.  It’s a good indicator to see where you could end up.  If your greatest desire is not a good one, in that it's a selfish desire or a desire from not God, then you'll not progress towards Him!
Aright, good luck with the renovation.  Love you guys! PS. Thanks for the prayers; my Portuguese is ten times better this past week!
Elder Williams

         Peter and his companion reviewing "Preach My Gospel"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elder Williams! It is good to hear from you so regularly and I really enjoy the candor of your updates. it seems like you've settled into the missionary life well and are realizing some good success. I sense you love the work and are really startting to love the people of Brazil. I'll be excited to watch you progress as you go along and will try to keep in touch regularly. Keep up the good work.

    The Gospel is true,

    Brother Skillman

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU may place your right hand on top of my own nee please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete