Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Work Here is Awesome!

Hey All,
The weather here has been a little bit cruddy.  Only 80 degrees and we've had some showers.  I guess that what happens when we come during the winter.
I’m jealous that your guys are going to the temple soon, I miss our small house of the Lord and going in regularly, but the work on this side is just as important if not more so, so I’m content.  I can totally see why Brazil needs more missionaries.  A lot of people here are ready to hear the gospel.  It’s crazy, though,  to hear about my buddy Johnny in Cambodia.  Apparently the work there is even better than here!  It seems on average about 4 or 5 baptisms every couple of weeks and he has 18 or so with a baptism date, which is ridiculously good!!
My feet are fine now, nice and calloused.  They even smell normal.  (My companion's feet on the other hand are just straight up disgusting.  It smells like something curled up died then got all moldy every time he takes his shoes off.)
I love the mission already, its super fun.  It certainly is hard, but I don’t mind it.  I don’t even mind all the walking we have to do.  And I’m sure it will become so much better and more rewarding once I can speak comfortably and be able to contribute towards the progression of these Brazilian brothers and sisters. 
Aright, love you all. Thanks for the prayers.  I can definitely tell a difference in spirituality and my ability to speak Portuguese.
-Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment