Thursday, October 6, 2011

OOPS! Here is another letter from Peter to read...

Hey dad thanks for the email!                                                Oct 5, 2011

I liked your garden analogy about growing in the Lord’s garden.  It was pretty sweet.  So it's true I’ll admit, I can feel myself changing, but I'd imagine it’s for the better.  It's crazy what a prayer or two can do if you really poor the heart and soul out.  This last general conference was rockin'.  I really liked the talk by Packer that discussed memorizing scriptures.  It reinforced the necessity of memorizing scriptures.  So I changed what I was doing;  I’m going to memorize them in English I think.  This way it'll help me out after the mission as well.  I am certain that all the apostles and prophets memorized the Book of Mormon and since they gave that perfect example, why shouldn’t we do the same? 
The house looks freakin good!  Mom sent me some pictures and I really like what I've seen.  Maybe if you guys start later than sooner on the outside landscaping I can help when I get back.  But I got some pretty crazy plans to get into a regime when I head back.  One thing that I’m learning here is the importance of making goals.  A lot of members don't recognize the importance of goal setting.  So for this Elder Madeira and I are visiting all the members and setting goals with them, the paper is called “Plan of Action with the Lord”.  We're doing this with the intention of having them make contacts in the street and having a goal of their own baptisms here.  If they find someone and go with us every time to teach  new investigators, I think it'll be really effective.  (Pass it along with the missionaries there if you want).  Anyways, yeah, about goal setting: I’m finding it really important to make goals.  And I’ve got a ton of plans for when I get back to develop talents and be prepared to fulfill my patriarchal blessing.
One book you should check out that I’m reading in my spare time (I can’t read it during personal study) is "Invoking the Powers of Heaven".  It’s pretty sweet.  And the usual standard works and stuff.  How’s the workout regime going?  Did you build up those muscles to the same size of mine when I left?  Good luck.
Well I gotta go.  Love you dad!

Elder Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment