Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wow! Another Letter from Peter (to Dad)...

Hey Dad,                                                                                              10-26-11
Thanks for the email.  It's steadily getting hotter and hotter and the days are getting longer and longer.  They have day light savings time here as well.  Daylight savings sucks as a missionary, sleeping an hour less!  We're gonna have three baptisms this Sunday.  It’s going to be my first baptisms since becoming senior, I’m pretty stoked.  My new companion arrived sick.  He almost had pneumonia.  So I've decided I’m gonna swim a ton when I get back home.  The desire to go swimming has been growing more since I’m away from the water.  I still get the butterflies in the stomach effect when I think about the swim meets I used to compete in.  So I’m gonna train a ton and swim for BYU or something.  It's cool that you missionaries had a radio station when you were on your mission in Indonesia.  We should probably get that going, but everybody here knows what we do, so they probably wouldn’t really listen a whole lot. Never-the-less, I would be cool to give the first vision and then invite everyone to be baptized over the radio! 
It is so true that everyone in the world could be drawn to into the gospel if the wards and branches would do a more active part in missionary work.  If members of the church were unified with the missionaries, the growth would occur a lot quicker.  That's what we're trying to do here in my area.  We are trying to know what both “hands” are doing.  Anyways, time to write the other family members, love you dad.
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment