Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year 2012...by burning ties?

Hey family!                                                                  1-3-2012
This week was great.  The new area's tough, the zone in general is widely known as the "black hole".  There are barely any baptisms.  But then I got here and saw that the missionaries just pass by here with this in their mind and get discouraged and lazy so they don't work.  So I think the president put some good missionaries in to get the zone alive again.  For example the week I got here we found a family that's going to be baptized this Sunday (pray for them by the way, Marcelo, Alessandra, and Gabriella).  It's a good faith tester, to see if the missionary’s faith is good enough to work through these difficulties.  At the end of this second week our zone should have about 10 baptisms in total.  So in two weeks we should have 3 more baptisms than the 6 weeks of work last transfer.  The Lord is blessing us a lot here in the zone.  My new district's cool; its two sisters and two elders and us.  The elder's seem to be a little bit unexcited to work though, but it’s cool.  I’m jealous that I couldn’t have been there with the whole family to pass the New Year.  But it's pretty weak that you guys didn’t even wait til midnight.  We didn't want to but we didn’t have a big choice.  About 5 til midnight everyone let off their fireworks, like their big dog fireworks that are outlawed in the states.  Anyways, the fireworks went on for about 15 minutes straight, it was cool to see all the pretty lights and the stars and moon go away what with all the smoke.  In celebration me and Elder Merrick burnt a 2011 calendar and a tie.  I got some videos to show later when we get home also.  It's cool; we just speak English to each other, so I get to practice my English a little bit.  It's cool, he's just like me, except that he played semi-pro soccer and has a lot of money.             Love,  Elder Peter Williams

  Peter and his companion celebrating New Years by burning their old ties!

Peter's OTHER new Companion???

No comments:

Post a Comment