Monday, January 14, 2013

Only 28 More Days Left for Peter...and Counting!!


Hey Mom and Fam!    1-14-13

   Thanks for the email! This week was good. So guess what? We went to Mino's house and started teaching him, 5 other people from Haiti, two guys from India, a guy from Angolia, and a guy from Napal. It was legit! I was talking with one of the guys from India, and he's been to Indonesia and whatnot. It was cool to feel a ghost of dad's mission a little bit. He doesn’t speak Portuguese, nor English really, it was really hard to understand him, but he accepted baptism, (we showed him pictures, to make sure he understood). Anyways, that whole house is great, the people from Haiti are really funny; they all seem to be really positive, even though they're really far from home and their families. It's cool to see your prayers working down here. Mino's Portuguese is getting really good. Fast! The zone's seeing a ton of cool things, but it's starting to lose enthusiasm. One area just didn't want to work. They did 5 contacts...

   Anyways, it was cool to hear about your last temple experience! It's cool to see those things! Just last Thursday something similar happened. We told our zone that we were going to find and baptize a Lucas. So last Thursday we went out early and we offered a prayer telling God that from 11:30 to 12:00 we would stand outside of the church and invite everyone to repentance through baptism, and he would send us a Lucas that was 18-25 years old, that would go into the church and then later accept the invitation to get baptized. And that he would accept to get baptized that same week. So we went out and worked; 10 minutes later guess what happened? We found a Lucas. I saw him from afar getting out of his car with his grandpa, and I knew it was him. I talked with him, asked his name, and when he said it, my mind went blank, and I didn't know what to say! He was parking to go and resolve a problem with his bill close by. The problem is that I didn't do my part, I said I would've invited him on the spot to go inside the church and get baptized, but I waited and said that I’ll talk to him after he pays his bill. So I waited and when he finished his bill I invited him in but he said he was busy, I just barely managed to get his phone number, and he barely had enough time to do that. Anyways, it was pretty bad on my part. Sometimes we need to prepare ourselves better for things we ask for. But it was cool experience!  It reminded me of something the bishop quoted yesterday.  He said that something that makes God feel good and makes Him happy is when He gets to show mercy to someone that doesn’t necessarily feel they deserve anymore mercy. Cool huh?

   It shouldn't be any problem getting to my home coming reception after your temple night; I’m probably going to get a layover anyways.

   As far as the temple pants go I think I’m a 34, I’ve gotten pretty fat these past months. Anyways, I hope things are good. I love you! 

Elder Williams
 

Hey Dad,     1-14-13
Thanks for the email! It was cool to hear your experience with Bill, I found a couple of guys from around there from India which is close by right? Anyways, one of them was from Indonesia and it's hard to understand him. Where are you when I need you? You could probably speak to him better than me. It was cool to see, they have a cool culture. I can't wait to check out your new car. It'll be fun to drive. Climbing a mountain that is 14500 feet, is that a lot? I can't for the life of me remember “feet” at all. Is it more than Mt. McLaughlin? Anyways, I can’t wait to see all you guys! Just 28 days! Not like I’m counting or anything... It's just always in the back of my mind.
Love you dad!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment