Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Peter is Doing Well


Hey Mom and Family,         1-21-13

   Thanks for the email! Thanks for the prayers; I'm completely confident that Mino and Patrick are going to get baptized. They have a great testimony and Mino is learning Portuguese really quickly. It's for certain that God is helping them both get baptized. These past couple of days have been tough. I'm feeling so tired all the time. It's all I can do to keep my eyes open sometimes. But it’s also the funnest times I've had on my mission. Things are just always going right. It's amazing to see some of the blessings promised in my patriarchal blessing already coming to pass.

   Also, In regards to you guys serving a mission in a year or so, I have complete certainty that everything's going to go the way it should when I get back. So you guys don't need to worry about me and just focus on going on your mission.  Remember that the same blessings that you guys have received while I was on my mission will also be over all of us kids. So don't worry mom. In fact I'll do what I can to get you guys all ready to head out. Anyways, it was cool to hear about that Stake devotional that you guys went to. The spirit that you guys felt the night at the Stake Fireside is something rare, but something that we should ALL try and search for DAILY! If we have it as a goal, then it will happen more frequently and we can recognize more spiritual experiences during our day.

   Last week we had a multi-zone. It was just alright; It was pretty dull. After two years it all feels like the same thing. However we had some interesting moments. Me and Elder Boring were asked to give a presentation on "goal establishing and planning" and on “how to help a possible baptism turn into a get baptized” that same week. It was fun! The night before that Tuesday, we called the office to bring some planning sheets that everyone gets at the beginning of each transfer. But the only problem is that they forgot to print them out and bring them, so we were moved to the ending of the whole training session. The other two doctrines that were given took a while so our time got cut from 1 hour to 35 minutes. It was cool though, and more efficient I think. We started out with a simulation, where it showed two missionaries (me and Boring) live two days and two nights as a missionary (one night planning, and the other no planning). I think it was taken pretty well. I think everyone was expecting something boring that would just put them to sleep, but I think it went over pretty well!  Afterwards we explained the necessity of goal setting and planning. It was a good lesson!

   Anyway the president is changing some of the ideas on the mission, from "number crunching" to “converting/baptizing” which was a huge problem in the mission for the past year and a half or so. Missionaries were being forced into completing a set of goals for teaching and finding contacts or else they would be burnt hardcore, but that idea has changed a little bit, and there are more baptisms coming due to it!

    Anyways, I don't remember any kid in our class named Skylar at all.

   I think I’ll plan my talk for Medford 1st Ward on the huge plane ride home. I'm not too worried about the layovers and whatnot, I’m sure it'll all work out.

   Hey I had a question too, Did you had plan anything on the Thursday, the 14th?  

   Anyways, I'm pretty tired, we had a zone activity that we had to plan for today that everyone was asking us for. It was a hassle trying to get the institute building rented out to us (here they're cool; they have a ton of air hockey tables, ping pong, pool, and whatnot). But we got it and we had to supervise everybody a little bit. It was fun, but I’m pretty tired.   Anyways,   Love you!  Elder Williams

Hey Dad,    1-21-13

Thanks for the email. Yeah these past couple days have been pretty cold here where I’m at. My house collects a lot of rain, maybe more inside than outside, but its fine. I can really feel your guys' prayers, not just for Mino and Patrick but for me as well, I think it's them that are helping me stay so enthusiastic and happy. I'm traveling a lot and I’m really tired all the time, but I’m always feeling happy inside. I don't know if it's just the euphoria of just heading home soon, but I don't think it is. So I was thinking about your guys' mission. If you guys need any help preparing for it let me know. Seeing as you've already served one, maybe getting updated in PMG or in doing divisions or something would help. Anyways, I can't wait to see you in just a couple of weeks, love you dad!

Elder Williams

PS. I’m starting to get sentimental about the mission already; I don't want it to end

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment