Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pray for Mino and Patrick!


Hey Mom and Fam!       1-9-13

  Thanks for the email! It was way cool to hear about dad's testimony in church last Sunday. I bet that one of the many reasons his life was preserved in Hawaii was because of the blessing of me serving a mission and plus you guys still need to serve your OWN mission.

  Anyways, this week was way good! Elder Boring's a great missionary, and he's helping me stay focused for these last 5 weeks. I've decided that I’m not even going to care about me or my own area, but just work as hard as I can for my whole zone. The first thing I noticed is that everyone here in the "Family Jundiaí", In other words, everyone here is “dying”. Either they will leave with me, or they will be leaving the transfer afterwards. Nine missionaries in all are leaving. But I’m doing what I can with Elder Boring to help them stay focused. We had a meeting with everyone yesterday and it was very effective. We made some goals and promised a lot of blessings (one of the temporal “blessings” was that when they fulfill our goal of 41 baptisms we will take them all to a BBQ place).

  I have never seen a group so excited and unified!  I hope that it stays this way, because if it does, there are going to be a lot of baptisms!! We planned a zone fast for the end of this week. Anyway, since our goal, we've heard of a ton of miracles happening in the zone in each area!!  And because of that, some elders are leaving their apartments earlier and getting home later. They're all excited to fulfill their goals!    

    Just today in our area we we're heading to lunch and a lady pulled her car over and called us over. She said she wanted to put her kids into an English class and that she was excited to get to know the church. We got her address and number and she promised to go to church. A ton of other things in other areas have started to happen as well!!  Last week we were heading to a members house when two guys stopped us in the street. They're from Haiti and they didn’t speak Portuguese. We had to speak English with them, but they didn't speak too well.  Anyway, one of them was a member and the other wasn’t. The member wanted to know where the church was so  he could bring his records over from Venezuela (where he got baptized). Sunday they went and we had an opportunity to teach them in English. It was super weird to talk about the gospel in English!  We taught them the first lesson and invited the friend to get baptized. He gave us the thumbs up and said "no problem". He just wanted to learn Portuguese a little bit more to understand others before he gets baptized. So we gave him a Book of Mormon in Portuguese and promised that he could learn it before the 20th. So the 20th he's going to get baptized!

. Pray for him (Mino, that he can learn Portuguese) and for Patrick as well, so that Patrick's mom will let him get baptized. We've just been waiting on him until he turns 15. His birthday's this month so we hope that it'll all work out. Patrick bore his testimony this Sunday. It was very powerful it was really cool to hear! He's already talking about his mission as well; it was really cool.

   Anyways, dad's new car looks sick! I can't wait to drive it when I get back, and test out the new sound system. I'd like to stay in “Annies” old room. I'm totally down for a Disneyland trip for a week in March. I also talked with the travel office just to see if it would be possible to change my flight plans (30 hours is a long flight home) but from the looks of things it was too complicated, so I’ll just fly for 30 hours. Also, I'm totally down to live “wherever” in Provo, it looks like it'll be cool.

Anyways, pray for the zone and these people, I’m determined to end way good. Love you all. 

Elder Williams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment